- The Body Show – November 7, 2016 – The Body Show with Dr. Kathleen Kozak on Hawaii Public Radio
Executive Director, Kathleen Stofocik, Queen’s Epilepsy Center, Natalie Morgan-Romain and Dr. Victoria Wong talk about epilepsy and the upcoming Breakthrough Epilepsy Conference.
- Living 808 Party 4 a Purpose – June 22, 2016 – Living808 on KHON2
Honolulu Professionals Foundation and EFH talk with Taizo about the upcoming Party 4 a Purpose Benefit on Friday, July 1, 2016
- Party 4 a Purpose on KITV – June 22, 2016 – KITV 4 Island News
Honolulu Professionals Foundation and EFH talk about the upcoming Party 4 a Purpose Benefit on Friday, July 1, 2016
- ‘Olelo 2016 EFH PSA – January 2016 – ‘Olelo
Executive Director, Kathleen Stofocik, provides information about the services EFH provides to the local community.
- Hawaii News Now Sunrise – January 18, 2016 – Hawaii News Now Sunrise
Steve Uyehara speaks with the Shimabukuro Family about overcoming the challenges of having a 5 year old son who is living with epilepsy.
- Living 808 January 25, 2016 – Living 808 on KHON2
Trini talks with Kalani Reyes as he shares his challenges of living with epilepsy along with his mom, Boots Reyes.
- Midweek – Epilepsy Interview with McCarthy Family January 2016 – Midweek (page 48)
The McCarthy Family shares their daughter’s challenges of living with epilepsy.
- Your Brain Matters – October 23, 2015 – Olelo
Dr. Kore Liow and Dr. Irisa Devine from Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience speak with Executive Director, Kathleen Stofocik about Pediatric Seizure Disorders.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii Inaugural Gala set for May 14th May 11, 2015 – Hawaii News Now
Executive Director Samantha West, Epilepsy Advocate Kaeu Hussey, and Hawaii New Now’s Jennifer Robbins discuss Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii’s first gala event.
- Teen speaks out on Epilepsy April 1, 2015 – KITV
Sydney Baron has been selected to be the Hawaii ambassador on a national platform about Epilepsy.
- Helping Hand – Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii February 27, 2015 – Hawaii Public Radio
All Things Considered Host Dave Lawrence talks with Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii’s Samantha West to learn more about the organization.
- Epilepsy Foundation’s Sharon’s ride, run, and walk for epilepsy January 19, 2015 – Hawaii News Now
The Silva Ohana talk with Grace Lee about Epilepsy Foundation Hawaii’s upcoming Sharon’s ride, run, and walk for epilepsy.
- Working to Overcome Challenges of Epilepsy January 7, 2015 – Midweek
Lacey Kazama Shimabukuro talks about the importance of raising awareness about epilepsy in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Your Brain Matters December 5, 2014 – Olelo
Dr. Kore Liow from Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience, Dr. Eliza Olaru from Queen’s Medical Center and Samantha West from Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii sit down to discuss epilepsy.
- Community Care Connection October 22, 2014 – Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now’s Jennifer Robbins spoke with Samantha West, executive director of the Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii, to get more details about their services.
- The Freedom Run for Epilepsy July 3, 2014 – KITV
The 13th Annual Freedom Run for Epilepsy will be held on July 4th to raise awareness about epilepsy as well as funds for Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii.
- Freedom Run June 23, 2014 – Honolulu Magazine
2014 Guide to Honolulu Fourth of July Fireworks Shows and Entertainment featuring Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii’s Freedom Run for Epilepsy!
- Marijuana Could Help Some Who Suffer From Epilepsy March 13, 2014 – Civil Beat
EFH’s Samantha West, executive director, discusses supporting physician directed care, and to exploring and advocating for all potential treatment options for epilepsy, including cannabidiol (CBD) oil and medical marijuana.
- On The Move Feb 6, 2014 – Honolulu Star-Advertiser
The Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii has announced Samantha West as its executive director.
- Bike, Run Or Walk To Fight Epilepsy Jan 22, 2014 – Midweek
The Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii presents Sharon’s Ride, Run and Walk Jan. 26 at Diamond Head, starting at 7 a.m.
- We have adapted. We have our routine Jan 17, 2014 – Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Reid and Jari Kaneshiro meet the challenge of keeping their children active. No small feat when one has Asperger syndrome and the other a rare form of epilepsy.
- The Body Show: Seizures Nov 4, 2013 – Hawaii Public Radio
If you have ever witnessed a seizure, you know how scary that can be, and for those who have epilepsy, this can affect every area of their life. The Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii is going to help to explain how seizures happen and what we can all do to help those with epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii ‘Freedom Run’ Jul 4, 2013 – Hawaii News Now
Jennifer Robbins is on the Windward side at the starting line of the ‘Freedom Run’, an event put on by the Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii. This event helps to raise awareness about Epilepsy and seizures.
- It’s all about education Jan 25, 2013 – Honolulu Star-Advertiser
The Shimabukuros discuss their experience with epilepsy.