MAHALO to Our SPONSORS!
The 2016 Freedom 5K and 10K Run and 1 Mile Walk for Epilepsy was held on Monday, July 4, 2016 at Kailua High School at 7am.
This year, we had close to 550 participants and 75 volunteers rally together to increase epilepsy awareness and raise money to continue our fight for seizure freedom.
****Mahalo to Dave Greer Media for taking wonderful photographs throughout the event as well as capturing the start of the race and top finishers on video!
****Congratulations to TEAM HANNAH for raising over $9,000.00 during the Freedom Run/Walk Fundraiser!****
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
How to Register for the Freedom Run/Walk Option 1. Register online through Active.com Option 2. Freedom Run Application. Print the online application and mail it to EFH (1050 Ala Moana Blvd. Suite 2550 Honolulu, HI 96814) with a check made payable to Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii. Mail in entries must be received by June 24th. Option 3. Call EFH 808-528-3058 and register over the phone with a Credit Card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Option 4. You can also register at our packet pick-up on Saturday, July 2nd from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at our office or on-site at Kailua High School starting at 6:00 AM the morning of the race on July 4th.
Please note there is no guarantee of a t-shirt for entries received after June 15th.
- Individual Early Registration $30.00 – 5k Run, 10k Run, & 1 mile Walk
- Individual Late Registration (after June 8) $35.00 – 5k Run, 10k Run, & 1 mile Walk
- Family Early Registration (up to 5 family members) $90.00 – 5k Run, 10k Run, & 1 mile Walk
- Family Late Registration (up to 5 family members) $100.00 – 5k Run, 10k Run, & 1 mile Walk
- We are challenging participants to create an online fundraising profile to help us raise epilepsy awareness and funds for Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii. Click here to create your own fundraising page!
- Raise $300.00 and receive a free Epilepsy Foundation of Hawaii customized Hydroflask!
- There will also be a drawing for all fundraisers who raise over $1000.00 for a large prize! Start your fundraising page today!
Routes – 5k Run, 10k Run, & 1 mile Walk
This event is wheelchair, stroller and pet friendly!
- Race bibs and t-shirts can be picked up at our office from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM on July 2, 2016. Sorry, we are unable to make accommodations for earlier packet pick-up.
- Onsite packet pick-up will begin at 6:00 AM on July 4, 2016 at Kailua High School.
The event will begin at the Kailua High School gym. There is plenty of free parking on site. Onsite registration and packet pick-up will begin at 6am. The walk, 5K and 10K run will begin at 7am. See you on the 4th!
Awards Ceremony & Race Results
Awards will be given out after the completion of the event beginning around 8:00 AM. There will be a medals ceremony for top 3 female and male winners in each age category for the 5k and 10k as well as an overall award for the top female and male 5k and 10k winner. The Age Groups are: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-41, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, & 80 and over.
Prizes will be given out to Most Purple Participant (Purple is the color of epilepsy awareness), Most Purple Pet, and Most Patriotic.
There will also be awards presented to the top fundraisers and a drawing for a large prize for fundraisers who raise over $1,000.00.
Race results will be posted here after the event and on timeline.com.
MAHALO to Our SPONSORS!
View more pictures from the race on our Facebook page.